Benefits for Individuals
- Unlike subways and buses, PRT offers non-stop transportation. Because there is no stop-and-go, passengers arrive at their destinations faster.
- The PRT system is designed to have many boarding stations along its route. Passenger can conveniently walk to and from the nearest boarding station.
- Automated ticketing machines allow the purchase of single-use tickets or pre-paid fare cards. Passengers do not need to make arrangements prior to travel.
- PRT rides are available at all times: there is no schedule so you will never “miss” your ride.
- There is minimal wait time. During peak hours, it is estimated that most passengers will board a vehicle within 2 minutes.
- PRT and Sky Web Express can operate 365 days per year: during the day and night, and during all forms of weather.
- Vehicles are large enough for a wheelchair, a bicycle, or luggage. They are ADA compliant.
- Vehicles are private so passengers can ride by themselves or with 2 or three other people. Because you are not required to travel with strangers, the ride is safe.
- Boarding stations are comparatively small and centrally located, there is less chance of being “lost” in a station.
- Vehicles have two-way communication systems for safety.
- Vehicles are driverless and travel on guideways (tracks). There is no chance of a collision due to human error or poor judgment call.
Benefits for Communities
- The primary benefit of Sky Web Express and other PRT systems is the decrease of street traffic. Convenient and efficient travel by PRT will diminish the number of single-driver vehicles on the road.
- Vehicles traveling on guideways use less land-space compared to the space needed for cars. The capacity of the Sky Web Express is comparable to that of a 3-lane highway.
- Sky Web Express vehicles use electricity: they are quiet and there is no CO2 emissions. Less emissions mean better air quality for the community.
- Vehicles will travel faster than a typical car during heavy traffic. The patented software system ensures that vehicles move quickly yet maintain a safe distance from one another. Faster travels mean more opportunities to conduct business and a more vibrant community.
Benefits to the Planet
- Electric vehicles have zero emission and do not contribute to air pollution. Less C02 emission means less greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere.
- Vehicles are quiet vehicles and do not contribute to noise pollution
- PRT systems are environmentally friendly because they are lightweight and energy-efficient. Less waste is critical for conserving the planets resources.
- Elevated guideways have low visual impact and lends itself to a more beautiful view of the world.